Saturday, November 7, 2015

Lists...

I make a lot of lists:

Daily to do lists

To read lists (this one is ridiculously long...)

Goals lists

Grocery lists (when I remember...sigh)

Target lists (you can never just stop in for one thing!)

To grade lists (ugh)

Wish lists

Future things to do lists

Travel lists


My biggest problem with lists? Actually following through with them. Some are easy to keep and update, like my reading and wish lists. Some are pathetically difficult for me to follow. The daily to do and grade lists are the tough ones, mainly because there are so many activities I'd rather be doing. I know life would run more smoothly if I just checked things off, but there's always something else I'd rather be doing. There are also certain things on my list that simply move from day to day, nagging at me, but never being accomplished. Those mobile items, though, need to get done. Yoga. Gym. Things for myself that I always seem to find reasons to avoid.  I'm not sure what I'm afraid of, why these linger, undone, day after day after day after day. I'm proving to myself that I can set a concrete goal and follow through, so why are those so difficult?

Tomorrow: a new day, a new list.

A new chance.

That's the best part about lists.







No comments:

Post a Comment