Saturday, January 7, 2017

Rabbit Hole #62: 2017 Reading Goals

Time for the new year's reading resolutions. Just as with regular resolutions, it's tempting to want to fix/do/change ALL the things. However, I want to keep this manageable (and realistic), so I've limited myself to five.

1. Read 85 books--I read 87 last year, so I'm optimistic that this is doable. (I'm still amazed that my reading has increased since moving; I would have thought the opposite would be true.

2. Complete the 2017 Read Harder Challenge--Last year I tried to complete three different challenges, but I think it was just too much. This year's challenge also includes some tasks submitted by authors and not just the Book Riot staff, so that's a fun change. If you're interested, the link is here.

3. Read 30% non-American/British authors--This was one of my goals last year, and I failed miserably. Looking at my reading pile so far, I'm not sure if I'm going to hit it this year either, but I'm going to give it a shot!

4. Read my 12 Reads for 2017 books--I've already picked up 7 of these; now I just have to read them!

5. Do an author re-read--One thing that I used to do that I hardly do anymore is reread books. I've been looking at my shelves lately and realized that there are a lot of stories I'd love to dive back into, and while I'm not sure which author I'm going to choose for this, Toni Morrison, Alice Walker, Marion Zimmer Bradley and Gregory Maguire are all top candidates at the moment.


I really want to recommit to reading this year; I found myself sucked into endless Facebook and Twitter browsing, which ended up depressing me more than anything. So here's to a new year, new challenges, and new reads!



No comments:

Post a Comment