Sunday, September 25, 2016

Rabbit Hole #53: In/Out Sep. 18-24

Only one finished this week, but I'm ok with that. 

Recently Purchased

NONE! (I have mixed feelings about this...)


Recently Finished



Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home by Kim Sunée (4 stars)

I really enjoyed this, but then, I'm a sucker for travel memoirs and soul-searches. (I unapologetically love Eat, Pray, Love and Under the Tuscan Sun.) This ticked all those boxes, plus having portions set in my beloved New Orleans and some amazing looking recipes, and it's no surprise that it was something I would find intriguing. Yes, it's self-indulgent and self-absorbed in places, but what memoir isn't?






Currently Reading

Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel

I do normally love historical fiction, but Mantel just isn't doing it for me. This is not one of those books I can't wait to pick up; I pick it up because I'm committed to finishing it (I never DNF--did not finish--a book. Some see this as a weakness, but I feel I can't truly judge something unless I've experienced it entirely, i. e., finishing the entire book). The story is fine; I'm just not thrilled with her writing. I also realize I'm in the minority here. 





Lady Susan, The Waltons, Sedition by Jane Austen

Three of Jane Austen's lesser known short novellas, some unfinished. Not too far into the first one, which is told in as an epistolary, so I'm interested to see how closely these align to her completed works.








Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter

I really don't think I need to say more, do I?

No comments:

Post a Comment