Monday, February 1, 2016

Rabbit Hole #34: January Reading Update

Where in the world has January gone?!? Seems like we just ended 2015!

My January reading update follows. I'm trying to complete three reading challenges this year, so these are the tasks I've completed for each one, followed by other books that don't quite fit into any of the categories. To date, I've been able to complete all of the tasks with books I already own, helping to whittle down my TBR shelf.

Read Harder Challenge 2016
A middle grade novel: Esperanza Rising by Pam Nunoz Ryan
A book set in the Middle East: Habibi by Naomi Shihab Nye


Bustle Women/People of Color Challenge
Written by a woman under 25: Slave: My True Story by Mende Nazar and Damien Lewis


PopSugar 2016 Challenge
Based on a fairy tale: Beauty by Sarah Pinborough
NY Times Bestseller: The Middleman and Other Stories by Bharati Mukherjee
Book of poetry: Dirty Pretty Things by Michael Faudet
A book about a culture you're unfamiliar with: The Incarnations by Susan Barker
A book with a blue cover: Dryland by Sara Jaffe
The first book you see in a bookstore: After Alice by Gregory Maguire



Other books read: 
I also read The Other Side of Truth by Beverly Naidoo, Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell, and I FINALLY finished French Quarter: An Informal History of New Orleans' Underworld by Herbert Asbury. 

No comments:

Post a Comment